Linen is a durable natural fiber made from flax and one of the most sustainable fabrics. Flax is resilient and can grow in poor soil. It also consumes far less water than cotton in it's growth and production. This material can be both cool in warm weather and warm in cool weather. It is also very durable and softens beautifully with age. And, best of all it is completely natural and doesn’t require chemicals to be processed into a textile which means it is completely biodegradable.
Eden Linen Midi Dress
Care: Despite popular belief, Linen is machine washable and actually gets softer with each wash. It is only necessary to dry clean Linen when it is a structured garment such as a blazer or suit due to the construction. However, normal garments are machine and hand washable.
1. Wash in cold or lukewarm water on a gentle cycle with mild detergent. Do not machine wash in hot water as it has the tendency to shrink.
2. You can also tumble dry on low heat. Remove from the dryer while damp to prevent the fabric from becoming stiff.
3. Hang or lay flat to air dry and finish the drying process.
However, air drying alone is best and also reduces energy. Of course, if you want to go above and beyond you can also hand wash as well as air dry which uses the least amount of energy and is best for the environment.
1. Wash in cold water with a gentle detergent.
2. Rinse thoroughly in cold water
3. Do not wring out the water as it can warp and twist the fibers. Instead, squeeze out as much as possible. Then, roll up in a thick towel to absorb the remaining water content. I
4. Then hang or lay flat to air dry.
If ironing, linen can be ironed on medium to high heat with steam and is best done while the item is still damp. Or, if already dry use a spray bottle with water to dampen it and iron on the wrong side of the fabric.